So it’s been a while since I’ve written a post… And I keep telling myself I’m going to write down the many thoughts I’ve been having, but I just haven’t gotten around to it, until now.
These homemade Nutrigrain bars were just so good I thought I had to share! I found the recipe here.
Here are a few of my notes…
- I attempted to make a date puree as the recipe stated. It was a little lumpy and did not make enough to cover all of the dough, but it melted in the oven, and once baked there were no lumps! It was delicious!
- Since the date puree did not cover all of the dough, I spread my HEB organic strawberry preserves on the other half. They turned out equally as yummy!
- I did not have white whole wheat flour, so I just used regular whole wheat flour.
- and the flax egg, well… I just used a good old Egglands Best.
- I some how missed the step of cutting the jam filled dough before baking, but it still worked!
- I cooked them about 15 minutes and let them cool slightly before using my pizza cutter to slice them up.
All in all these were fairly simple and sooooo yummy! Fenn and I can’t stop eating them! They are going to be great for on the go breakfast this week too!