One of Fenner’s (and my) favorite new purees is this simple red pepper puree. Red bell peppers are loaded with vitamin A and C! Plus the meal combinations are endless!
A few of our favorite combinations include:
- quinoa with chopped spinach, red pepper puree, and grated cheese
- red pepper puree and greek yogurt (to make a soup)
- red pepper puree with pureed chickpeas, olive oil, and a tiny bit of basil or oregano (to make a baby friendly hummus)
- red pepper puree and cottage cheese
- red pepper puree with pureed apples and spinach
- it can also be served as a sauce of chicken, fish, or veggies
The combinations are endless, just use your imagination.
3 large organic red bell peppers
1 small organic white potato (or 2 cubes of frozen potato purée)
Wash the bell peppers, pull out the core and seeds, then chop into pieces.
Wash the potato and cut into small chunks ( the skin can be left on or peeled, your choice). If you are are using frozen puree take it out to defrost.
Place the bell peppers and raw potatoes in a steam basket over boiling water and cook until soft , approximately 7-10 minutes. (if you are using pre made potato puree wait and add it once you are ready to blend)
Let the veggies cool and then puree them together in a food processor or blender. You may need to add water from your steam pot to help thin the puree.
The puree will save in the fridge for 2-3 days, or you can choose to freeze it for a couple of months.